Dear Alumnus/ Alumna,
The IIT Madras Alumni Charitable Trust was established in the year 1991 with a Board of Trustees comprising a number of committed and distinguished alumni and faculty members.
The Board has been actively involved in conceptualizing and implementing various innovative programs in and outside IIT Madras targeted towards institute infrastructure, students, faculty, departments, research and development and the community. Funding of the Trust activities are through donations from alumni and other organizations.
The Trust is now looking to recruit a full-time Director of Development to establish and run a professional office that will provide greater impetus and structure to the alumni outreach program. The Director should be an energetic and innovative leader with strong commitment to the goals and ideals of the Trust.
Key responsibilities of the Position:
The ideal candidate for Director of Development will be expected to closely interact with and meet potential donors, sponsors, alumni and IIT Madras on a regular basis, and will be responsible for:
• Achieving fund raising targets, as per budgets;
• Developing and implementing medium and long term plans to realize the vision of the Office;
• Providing dynamic and innovative leadership to a small team in the office; and
• Developing resource materials to build branding and utilize various media channels for effective communication.
Qualification and Experience:
• Applicants should have post graduate qualifications in arts, science, engineering or management.
• Applicants should possess an outstanding track record of 10 to 15 years in a leadership role in commercial or not-for-profit organisations with responsibility for fundraising and institution-building.
• Applicants should be familiar with IT, and should have excellent communication and networking skills, rich experience and a track record of successful collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Preferred age – 40-50 years.
• The position will be based in IIT Madras (Chennai) campus. Compensation will include a performance bonus.
• This position reports to the Board and partners with them to provide executive leadership and direction.
Interested candidates may apply with their resumes/ profiles to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.