Office of the Alumni Relations will receive nominations for the Distinguished Alumnus Awards. The selection is done by a committee appointed by the Director. Around 8 to 10 alumni are selected for the awards each year.The awards are presented during the Institute Day held around mid April each year.
The nominations are received under the following categories:
|Category A||Academic Excellence.|
|Category B||Technology Innovation Excellence.|
|Category C||Managerial Excellence.|
|Category D||Entrepreneurial Excellence.|
|Category E||Excellence in Other Walks of Life.|
Please specify the category for which you are nominating the alumnus.
Please include a CV, one page writeup, photograph and supporting documents of the alumnus you are nominating for DAA.
Self-nominations are not allowed.
Alumni who are currently serving as IITM faculty are not eligible for nomination.
The CV may contain amongst other things:
- Name and address with Email ID
- Date of birth
- Degree obtained from IITM and the year of graduation
- Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Please provide 1 page write-up detailing contributions that merit this award
- Any other relevant information